2003-12-29

cliff notes to my christmas

well, where shall i start? it was a really enjoyable christmas. as mentioned it was an in-law christmas for my siblings- so we celebrated as a family christmas eve- eve. we have italian christmas' which is funny- b/c we are notoriously into our irish heritage.

we did have our share of family tension- but i was just grateful none of it really involved me. i was a spectator.

my amazon gifts arrived on time- which i was happy about. my mom and sister seemed to especially like their gifts.

charles gave me a beautiful nigerian gown and i love it. i also go this book.

i got other cool stuff too.

christmas eve, we (my mom and charles and i) went to bethlehem on broad street. that was fun; although we didn't get to interact with any of the beneficiaries. this nice man flirted with my mom and it was weird. we ate a nice dinner of left overs and went to the late christmas eve service at church. we should of gone earlier- we were all exhausted.

christmas morning we slept late; opened some more gifts and eventually had a late lunch with a friend of our family who was away from her own. charles and i went to see the return of the king.

the remainder of the weekend was spent hanging out, resting, dinner with friends, and accomplishing lots of important details and errands. all in all uneventful but good.

semi-entertaining finds while bored at work:

pong
a place i used to volunteer (while living in nyc)


No comments: