2003-12-15

updates and whatnot

well i had a pretty uneventful day.

i went shopping for my sister-in-laws christmas gift. they got to see harry conick in concert a couple of weeks ago- but didn't pick up the cd. so i got that for her.

saturday i knocked out quiet a bit of shopping. i went to the ccad student art show. i got some stuff i'm pretty excited to give!

well- as of today charles is due to arrive back in the states friday (!!!!!) i am- needless to say- estatic. i am trying to collect some input on how i can be the best me in this relationship this week from frineds and family. i continue to remain prayerful, expectant and grateful that the Lord wants a healthy dynamic between us more than either of us do- or even us combined.

this evening, while out, i ran into a long lost friend- jeff. he was actually my first gay friend. it happened during the summer of 1992. we both worked for this lady in program. i (and that owner) were the only straight people on the cleaning crew- and we were also the women.

i had become a christian and gotten sober all with the last year and i had my supply of baggage and bigatory. but i knew that it didn't sync with Jesus and i had to figure out how to cut it loose. the way the Lord did this for me was to become friends with Jeff. i realized that we were more alike than we were different. at that point of my life i was acutely aware that what i needed most was to be loved- and to expereince God's love; and Jeff needed the same thing. these realizations quickly broke me of my prejudice.

it was an expereince that i'll bever forget! seeing Jeff tonight reminded me of the journey that the Lord began in me and is committed to continue. it reminded me of the basics and the freshness of that place where the simplicity of this walk and journey serve to focus and sustain.

No comments: