2004-01-10

under construction

i had an ‘altercation’ with a stranger recently. i chased a man down the street in my car in my neighborhood and rolled my window down to shout profanities at him. then, not relieved of my fury and fear, i circled the block to see if i could find him and shout at him some more. he had pounded his fist on my car b/c i almost accidentally hit him (he was jogging, it was dark, rainy and my windshield wiper doesn’t work). my guess is that he was scared, and then my response to him pounding on my car was fear… and then chasing him. it was not a pretty sight.

sometimes i get so disheartened by how far i have to go- how under construction i am! i’m so glad that jesus loves me no matter what and that he loves me enough to not leave me how i am!

the good news is that had this happened prior to getting sober and knowing the Lord, i would have:

intentionally aimed for the jogger.

and

caught him while chasing him.

+++please forgive and change me Lord- I need more grace. +++

No comments: