2004-08-27

thought of day

i have had a particularly low tolerance lately to crazy people and to assholes. i get frustrated with myself that my threshold is met quickly. this passage helps give me perspective:

"this was our course: we realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps
spiritually sick. though we did not like their symptoms and the way these
disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. we asked God to help us show
them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a
sick friend. when a person offended we said to ourselves, 'this is a sick man.
how can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done.'"
+ chapter 5: +how it works+ the big book


when someone is driving me crazy it is a symptom that they are love sick. this helps me to remember that people do not intentionally act difficult or annoying. nor do i. ok- well sometimes i do.

by and large- when people are assholes it is a sign that they need the love of God. what they don't need me telling them they are assholes. it is much easier for me to do this. it is difficult for me to love people in response to their falleness.

so basically i've been imagining crazy people and aholes in hospital gowns. i'll let you know how it works. if you try it- let me know how it works for you...

No comments: