2004-11-22

today's gratitude list...

:: that i can give and recieve love.
:: that i can be forgiven and feel it.
:: my husband.
:: my family.
:: that i have friends. and not just any ole' friends- but kick ass friends.
:: i'm grateful for rainex (b/c my windshield wipers are broken).
:: i'm grateful for windshield wipers when they work.
:: that my car usually starts.
:: i'm grateful for our apartment.
:: when my nephews send me pictures and poetry that they write. **
:: laughter.
:: fires.
:: my sobriety.
:: my sponsor.
:: my job.
:: the lack of drama at my job.
:: my boss.
:: that gas prices have dropped a bit.
:: a three day work week.
:: hope.
:: books.
:: the steps.
:: that i can read.
:: that my reading comprehension gets better as i read...
:: this medium- blogging.
:: good art.
:: that i'm drawing again.
:: for u2
:: for my church.
:: that i live in a country where they not only pave the roads-
they plant flowers along side the road.
:: for cornell west.

i have a terrible head cold.
i'm grateful that i can goto bed when i get home from work-
and look forward to the day to come.

good night.


+++

poetry by jack (age 4) and aidan (age 6)...

Tree House by Jack

Treehouse smeehouse
What a gleehouse
I sleep up there with all the ticks
Then Mom calls, "Its dinner!" right around six.

Stuffing by Aidan

Stuffing, stuffing, need more luffing
Could we have some guffing?
Could we have some ruffing?
Could we have some, oh...
Nevermind

What's Inside? by Jack

I'm sick. I'm very sick.
The chicken pox are inside.
I'm inside. So, I eat....
Oh, whatever!

Duck by Jack

Ducky, lucky what can you eat?
I can eat nothin' but stuffin' and ducky meat.
Ducky beef? How could a duck eat a duck?
The only way is with lots of luck!

No comments: