2005-03-30

today is a special day...
it's my mom's birthday!
it is also my neices birthday!

i love them awful.

i want to just take a sec and tell you had rad my mom is...
many examples come to mind-
my mom teaches second grade in the public schools.
she prays for kids in her class.
she prays with them when their feelings are hurt
she prays over them when they get their knees bruised.

and she intervenes in their physical situations too.

she advocates for them in times of need.
she protects them from some of their crazy parents.
sometimes she crys over kids and their situations.

my mom is fairly even handed. she's really smart. really smart.
her undergrad was in history and is our on site encycolpedia when it comes to the history of our country. this comes in handy when charles asks me questions like, 'what was the bay of pigs?' and i stare at him blankly and tell him to call my mom.

she's patient- most of the time anyways. she yells at me sometimes- but only when i'm a jerk. she tells me the truth and i know she loves me when she does it.

in many ways she's a role model for me. she shows me what it means to grow old w/ dignity (not that you're old mom). she excercises and travels. she has shown me how to bury someone you love most, and grieve their loss- and continue in life. she's going to work this summer w/ the sister's of charity in nyc.

basically- she rocks.
our relationship has come a long way.

my niece is not old enough to read-
so i'm not going to post about her.
but she's the greatest.

No comments: