2005-06-24

laurel

(and no smarty pants- i don't have any forgiveness issues w/ my three yr old niece)

today's chewable vitamin
Jesus prayer was, 'Father forgive the; they know not what they do.'
aprayer born in death, writhing with pain.
a prayer risking faith, facing sorrow.
a prayer living in hope, seeing the future.

my prayer was, 'God, how can i forgive them? the do know what they did.'
a prayer saying, 'it still hurts'.
a prayer wanting vengence.
a prayer seeking direction.

my prayer became, 'God help me forgive them; they know what they did.'
a prayer saying, 'theywere wrong.'
a prayer wanting reconciliation.
a prayer seeking courage.

my prayer became, 'God forgive them; they know what they did.'
a prayer that wresetled w/ justice.
a prayer that acknowledges weakness.
a prayer that found hope in God's love.

my prayer remains, 'God forgive them; they know what they did.'
because forgiving recreates life from death.
because forgiving cleanses the healing wound.
because forgiving build the bridge of freedom."

~ jared pingleton from the role and function of forgiveness

No comments: