2005-06-15

jenniferandben
this is my sister and brother in law at their wedding this past winter in lagos.

what to write about
i'm not sure what to write about today- but i felt like posting.

i thought about posting something about the things i'm looking forward to this summer. but then i realized we don't have anything stellar planned for the coming months. no vacation to speak of, no visitors (that we know of)... we do have some sporadic outings w/ friends that i'm looking forward to. we're going to picnic w/ the pops which should be enjoyable. my brother and his family should be coming for a couple of days in july and that will be fun.

i think i do better when i have something to look forward to. one thing i like looking forward to is an event or a time of rest. so maybe i should get something on the calender.

but i sometimes think that i like more drama and crisis in my life.
then when i get some- it wrecks me.
then i remember that it is a good thing
that my summer will be composed of reading, bike riding and swimming.
people would beg for my problems. not to pat myself on the back or anything-
i'm just saying that sure- my life isn't excatly what i thought it would be-
but i got it pretty good.

here are some other things that i thought about posting about but didn't. please let me know if any of these interest you...

a. i thought about posting about some of my favorite people from the past ten years and where they are today.
b. i thought about posting about how sad i found the coverage of the michael jackson trial to be.
c. i thought about posting how i seemed to of hit a emotional threshold and can't handle discussing current events w/ people that may disagree w/ me.
d. i thought about posting about why that might be.
e. i thought about posting my top ten off the beat and path things to do in columbus and ask that you share yours.
f. i thought about posting my top five favorite passages in scripture.
g. i thought about posting about congress and how they apologiezed this week. but then i remembered c-d.
h. i thought about posting a story about when i learned how to drive a land rover defender near the serbian border and how it totally kicked ass.
i. i thought about what i might write in relation to the 10th step experiment.
j. i thought about posting my favorite images from art (across period).

today's chewable vitamin
"teach us to give and not count the cost."
~ st. ignatius

No comments: