2005-12-15

in a little while...

bono_vertigo
taken from happy scott's flickr page...

look...
the show was absolutely fantastic.
i loved the entire day thouroughly and immensely.

charles didn't go. that was the only draw back. we got new tires on the fox b/c i got the bejezuz scared out of me w/ balled tires in snow. cashflow babee. cashflow. but that's another story and this post is about how i love u2 more and more with every dose.

lets see...
:: i got what were probably considered terrible seats. but didn't mind.
:: i got beer thrown in my hair. but didn't mind.
:: some drunk guy proposed to me. but didn't mind. (i looked really good by the way)
:: i got weepy during the opener (city of blinding lights).
:: stood from start to finish.

i ended up going w/ my friend jennifer. we had a great time and pulled into columbus around 3am. we got my ticket off craig's list. which i highly endorse. worth every cent. had a wonderfully shady indian meal near gund arena beforehand and had wonderful conversation throughout.

i love that the band continues to entertain w/ the best of them but is not simply a spectator's groupie type band. there were a number of visual references to earlier stuff, and direct references within their set list (gloria made it on (!!!)). the only thing i would of wished different (other than the aforementioned presence of the most wonderful charles) would be a simular arragement for yahew. the one they played wasn't as good (imho). closing out w/ 40 took some of the sting away.

a night i won't soon forget.

my apologies for the delayed update.

tags: u2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...so glad you made it to their show. Just returned from seeing them in St. Louis. Love them! Cannot get enough of the Irish men. Beautiful concert!

PEZmama said...

Maureen,
I am commenting because, well, just because I can. We have a new computer now, and it actually lets me do this... Why I couldn't comment on ONLY your blog, I'll never know. But those days (and that computer) are GONE!

So, I would just like to say that I have been reading. And I am so glad you got to see U2.

L

maureen said...

hi lori!

that is so wierd. i had another friend tell me he couldn't read only my blog for an extenede period of time... weird. i also wonder if using blogger comments improved the situation for you.

must be the blogger gremlins.