2005-12-22

thus far...




the holiday celebrations have been good.

i served dinner for twelve people; five of whom were eight yrs or younger in our modest two bedroom townhome. verdict is still out if that is proof that we are brave, insane or both.

i made some sort of queso-y chicken soup. it seemed to go over well. no one was hurt in the production of the meal. by the end of the evening; no walls had holes in them either. but our couch did act as a trampoline lander from the banister (sweet mother of god). we all lived to tell about it. the evening was quite fun.

my domestic muscles have been strengthening lately. this is good news for everyone. i've been working in deficit for years. i'm making bread for our neighbors for goodness sake.

i'm basically matha stewart. minus the bitchy part.

p.s.
no comments on that awesome chewable from the last post?
i'm suprised at you oh- readership.
that quote is rockin like donkin.

4 comments:

Karen said...

12 people? i am completely impressed. you ARE the domestic diva! now, what's charles role in the 'having people over' thing? randy is the one that usually cooks so i play the role of getting the house clean-ish and then talking to people. we have yet to do it the other way. i hope to never have to. :D

kids jumping from banisters would have scared the CRAP out of me.

Anonymous said...

Funny that you made the comment about no one commenting on the chewable, cuz I was gonna comment on your comment, but then I only had that one comment. So, I decided not to comment. BUT, I did think it was a pretty hearty vitamin. Shelby

maureen said...

jess...
actually- the bigger difference between me and martha is that she was caught for her felony- i didn't... ;)

karen.
charles' role depends on the theme of the meal. normally, he is the cleaner up-er and i am the chef. but at times when we have a igbo theme- he is the chef and i am the cleaner.

PEZmama said...

I have nothing to say about your last vitamin. But I will say that I don't know what "donkin" means.

And I say that with all sincerity.

Lori