2007-04-26

get your prayer on...

being married to charles has brought to my attention that i don't know how to pray.

friday we had a small group of people over to pray for the elections in nigeria (see links below for coverage of the elections). this realization of mine (that i don't know how to pray) was stirred in me at a deeper level friday.

charles led the time and would transition everyone through the prayer points. everyone prayed at the same time outLOUD- which was a little over stimulating for my orderly american self. but man! it was great! there was a lot of holy ghostness too. which can make me feel a bit uncomfortable (and i blush a bit admitting that...) but alas- i was reminded again that my comfort level does not seem to be a good barameter of what God has for me or his values for the Kingdom.

here are some photos of our time...





economist's coverage
financial times coverage
bbc coverage
check out our website

3 comments:

CarolN said...

Hey Maureen,
Any progress on the job front? I'd like to get together with you and Constance soon.

John McCollum said...

Hi, Maureen.

Kori and I wanted to come to the prayer thing, but we couldn't make it. I was praying, however.

Regarding the 'praying all together' thing, I love that! It's how we do it in Cambodia. It's really difficult, and I find myself sometimes dropping out and praying along in my heart/in 'the spirit.'

maureen said...

carol,

i wrote to toss out a day next week. maybe we can confirm on sunday?

john,
maybe you can come next time!

:)
maureen