2009-02-01

constance turns 2!

cookie_elmo_hybrid
improv elmo/cookie monster plan b cake

well our baby is two years old. this is an attempt to record my emotion and the events of our day... no blogging comeback by a long shot. we celebrated today w/ family and had a wonderful time. we had dance party to open and conclude our time and at cake in between. it was a cookie monster/elmo hybrid cake. i had no choice but to make it a hybrid when i realized that i had only blue food coloring and no red! there are worse fates.

not only does our daughter provide endless amounts of joy and laughter to our sometimes too serious lives; she truly lights up any room she is in. the love her daddy and i feel for her is sweetly rivaled by how adored she is by my sister and mom and my sweet niece laurel. it is so great to see your kid get swallowed up in love and adoration in the presence of family.

it makes my heart so deeply grateful to have the profound privilege to raise you as my daughter. i may be your parent- but you- my sweet constance are my teacher. the day you arrived was a day i cherish and thank god for it daily (read about it here)! here’s to a third year of life of more laughing and crying, comfort and spunk, obedience and repentance, elmo and the omission of the wiggles, and prayerfully… potty training.

happiness is being w/ nana

cousin love!

love!

No comments: