2004-04-04

lagging behind
lots going on these days... it has been difficult to log all the different things that are happening in and around me!

first off- evelyn abei arrive wednesday at 7lbs 11 ounces. full head of hair. she did not however, come out w/ makeup on- as her mom promised.

second off- we moved the date up and i'm thrilled about that too.

third off- i went to laurel's birthday party today. she got a barbie jeep. not from me.

fourth off- my mom and i went through my dad's clothes to give to charles. things were given based on the quality of clothing- but moreso if they had a story behind them. it was wonderful to reminisce. he got all the remaining looney toons socks that helped my dad not take himself too seriously (by his admission). i miss him very very much.

fifth off- i got off the phone with my sister-in-law andrea who is estatic to have the wedding in nashville.

sixth off- i got a dress and i love it.

seventh off- we had an incredibly difficult conversation with my sponsor who disapproves of inter-racial marriage. i got very angry. charles showed his true colors by graciously refusing to stoop or give rebuttal to the ignorance of the argument. he's such a good man.

eigth off- i love the kays.

ninth off- i am realizing the 'justifiable resentments' are hooey for me.

tenth off- i will probably need to do a fifth step after this wedding season. but maybe if i actually worked the tenth step daily and remembered to confess my sin throughout the day; things would go smoother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

laurel
i love it when laurel rings her hands, bows her head and squeels with excitement.
i love it when laurel says charles' name.
i love it when laurel dances with the wiggles- although i hate the wiggles
i love it when laurel makes me dance with the wiggles; although i hate the wiggles.
i love it when laurel sees my sister and runs into her arms.
i love it when laurel does the 'three little monkeys' hand motions with vigor and enthusiasim.
i love it when laurel insists on everyone in the room giving her a high five.

i love her so much! she's the best!

happy 2nd brithday!

No comments: