2004-03-30

my mom
my mom turns 39 today!
happy birthday mommy!

ok... she's not 39- but it is her birthday!
my mom is one of a kind. she's super cute and has a slight east coast accent. she has the most interesting hands, she is supurb second grade teacher, she gives her grandkids wonderful books to read. she corrects my grammer and when i curse as well.

she is incredibly intelligent and we talk politics often. she challenges me to put my money where my mouth is- not by lecturing but by showing. she has toutored inner city kids, has lived in the inner city, and has welcomed people from all different backgrounds to our home.

she is very strong... she lost my dad over two years ago and embraces missing him terribly and living life to the fullest in a way that is inspiring and models grief for me. she laughs at my jokes, loves me when i'm being stubborn, rejoices with me when i'm happy, crys with me when i'm hurt, and always wants to brush my curly hair. she has been patient with me as i grow nicer and more moderate and less know-it all-ish.

i know that moms are supposed to do this kind of thing; but i am very grateful that God gave me my mom for a mom. i think she does an exceptional job

No comments: