2005-01-27

everyone
(look up)
those are my mama's tennis shoes and bathrobe

weekend rituals and whatnot...
here is a sample schedule for my weekends.
it is almost routine.

friday nights...
this will be the first friday night when charles does not work at lido's.
we are relieved.

in the past, friday nights have usually been spent in one of two ways. i would work until 8pm and god home and do nothing, or i would goto a meeting. sometimes i hang out with my sponsor. then i goto get charles sometime around 1am from work.

our new friday night routine will include our kinship-
which we're very excited about.

saturdays...
we have a very leisurely morning in bed that includes reading the paper and my indoctrination of charles to saturday radio on wcbe. i take off for a little me time which generally happens at one of our neighborhood starbucks. then off to my favorite meeting at 1pm. this whole routine is bypassed monthly, when we try to go down to help out at fruit of the vine- a food pantry through our area. this helps me remember to pull my head out of my ass.

after i get home- we putz around and get ready for church. afterwards- we go out somewhere and raise a little hell. which for us means going out with friends or going to the dollar movies.

sundays...
another lazy morning of coffee drinking and paper reading.

then we meet my family for breakfast or have them over. my niece does here latest performance and make us laugh and lights up my life for the day. charles and laurel (my niece) proceed to sign lionel richie songs. not really- but they do many wiggles songs and moves together- which can only lead to charles singing soft rock.

when we come back from brunch, we have our weekly prayer time. [sidebar] as it turns out the duke (as i like to call him) is quite an intercessor. so if you need us to pray for something let us know- b/c we pray for people. maybe the gift will rub off on me. i am used to praying for myself only.

the remainder of the day is spent preparing for the week and doing chores and crap like that. charles worked (again past tense) sunday nights so that meant i would maybe goto a meeting, maybe get lost in a bookstore, or maybe meet with a friend.

we're inserting a time to talk about money and how we will budget it saturday mornings. left to my own devices- i would assume never talk about money. i just like spending it.

do you have any weekend rituals?
if so- what are they and how did they evolve?

in other news-
i have the following things on my mind...
:: how to get wcbe from cutting tal, thistle and shamrock.
:: should we alert the hand flushers of the existence of foot flushers? if i was a hand flusher (which i'm not)- i would want to know that people kick the flush toggle thingy. we owe it to them.
:: i'm looking forwar to talking to my nephews about ghana. they are traveling back today.
:: my farewatcher just alerted me to a fare to belfast for $480. hmmmmmm.
:: i'm anxious and praying for the elections in iraq this weekend. even in iraq- they vote on weekends!

No comments: