2007-05-29

dear mr. powerwasher,

how did i ever live without you?

things i have power washed:

: car floor mats
: bricks for garden
: driveway
: walkway
: pavers
: garden furniture

please submit other things that i can power wash. i'm looking for excuses. megan power washed her face- so don't submit that as an option b/c needless to say- it did not turn out well. i'd link to the story b/c it was quite funny- but alas- her blog is private. hmmmph.

in other news- i am saying goodbye to my beloved and faithful pair of flip flops that died.

i tried to super glue the rubber back down but only succeeded in super gluing it to my foot. nice. and yes- it hurt to remove it.

r.i.p. flip flop.

here's a postmortem photo:



i have been a bit overwhelmed lately. it's funny how much trouble it is for me to just worry about today b/c tomorrow has enough worries of its own as they say... but there are many things to look forward to this summer. here are some of them:

: constance's dedication.
: a trip to indianapolis to hang out with family and to do our annual meeting of the anam development foundation.
: during that trip we will see my old friend annette.
: a trip to boston for our anniversary.
: during that trip- we'll get to see my old friend kyla.
: prep to goto nigeria this fall (!!!!!)
: enroll in classes to teach special needs kids.
: a trip to nashville to visit my brother's family.

and happy fourth blogging anniversary to me. i started out blogging in 2003. i was re-reading some posts from long ago (how neurotic is that?)- and i must say- the content of my blog has declined in my opinion. it used to be somewhat funny and interesting. i used to post lists and opinions. after doing this for four years sometimes religiously other times not- i can confirm, for me- blogging appeals to my voyeuristic neurosis.

but it does chronicle life and that's just fine with me.

peace out my peeps.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAIT JUST ONE COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE THERE!

You have a power washer?
Do you own it?
If you do, can I borrow it?
I would pay you in Thai food, I would, and wouldn't that make Charles happy and willing to drive it right over here where I would feed him things made with much coconut milk.

I covet a power washer. My deck is in bad, bad shape. I would also use it on the north side of my house, my side walk, my stepping stones, and possibly on my front porch, and definitely on the front porch chairs. But mostly, I would use it on the back deck. And when I was done, I would seal the back deck with that sealant stuff that you paint on to keep the water beading on it, because apparently we love beading water.

Erica

jessica aebi said...

Girl, I am going to miss those flip flops, too. I won't recognize your feet anymore. Are you going to bury them, girl?

And now, a moment of silence in honor of the flip flops.

As for submitting things that you could power wash, I have no idea. Maybe the tires on your car?

ps, constance is so damn cute, it ought to be illegal.

Angie said...

Do you have a dog? Can we power wash my dog? You could always practice on a squirrel. Or maybe the neighbor's dog...

maureen said...

erica,

unfortunately this is a borrowed item. sorry i can't loan it to you!

maureen

Anonymous said...

i was going to say your face... but then, i read on.
besides it hurt like a string of nasty foul words I won't say here.
i did my house, deck, sidewalk and I loved every minute of it. It was awesome.
everyone should power wash at least once.

John McCollum said...

Constance?