2007-06-04

questions

this is a link to an article that made me sad.

as if the norm for women in the sex industry is home ownership and higher education.
as if those 'accomplishments' are even the real issue.

pretty sure that america's consciousness has been so dulled by a spirit over sexedness that somehow the life style and seeming upwardly mobile direction of one stripper gives legitimacy to an industry that unapologetically exploits women who voluntarily (as this young woman in the article seems think of herself) and involuntarily participate. what a vicious cycle!

our world is so broken.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I didn't read the article, girl. Sorry. I am just randomly commenting on how cute Constance's photo is. i finally went and got myself a blogger id so i can comment on your blog, and as a side benefit, get more junk mail from google, or whoever else they sell my info to...