2007-02-09

our week




our week has consisted of nursing, changing diapers and staying in our pajamas. we got out to run some errands on tuesday- just charles and i which was nice. our church family has been so kind to deliver meals since we've been home stretching into next week which has been so wonderful. it's so great to serve and be served- to love and be loved. few things are better!

saturday was the worse day ever (probably not really)- but it certainly felt that way. sunday was one of the best days ever. that's a snap shot of my emotional state right now. everything is very intense. i can't pray w/o weeping and i can't be mad w/o yelling. saturday my milk began to come in which made nursing very stressful and knowing that feeding is linked to resolving jaundice made me particularly stressed out. we went to the doctor friday, saturday and again monday to monitor constance's billrubin reading. by monday her pediatrician deemed that it was regulating which was such a relief. please continue to pray for this.

saturday night my mom spent the night b/c charles had to work. he won't go back to work until next wednesday which is very much a blessing. we are doing well- saturday was pretty rough between us b/c i was a wicked bitch to him- but couldn't help it. my wicked bitchedness- was wholly unwarranted- but i really was out of control. luckily things have improved on that front and we've resumed taking my 'nice pills'. these consist of an imaginary dose of pills that charles gives me and then we resume our family tradition of rubbing faces together and then rubbing faces all three of us together. constance likes it- which we're grateful. i do the same for him on occasion- but i have been the one that historically needs more nice treatments in our marriage.

it also helps to fit constance's whole foot in my mouth. i know... we're incorrigible. we're already using our kid for entertainment value. she also sucks on the tip of my nose which also provides hearty laughs which helps my seratonin levels.

it has snowed here lately- which is beautiful and it has been bitterly cold so we haven't left the house if we don't have to. that makes the snow even more awe inspiring and less annoying than if we had to make it out daily.



we've had wonderful visits from dear people. many of whom we've asked to pray over constance and bless her. it has been such a blessing to me as well. the saturday before i delivered constance one of our family's closest friends had a beautiful and small shower w/ my mom's closest friends. these are women that have known me since i was a young lass- some since i was in conceived. an irish blessing was said to begin our meal and over constance and i and i was just struck at how pivotal these women's relationships w/ my mom were to me and who i am becoming. they have truly been there in the best of times and the worst of times. they have prayed my mom and i through many difficult spots in my life and in our relationship. while my relationship w/ my mom is far from perfect- i know that their prayers have added wholeness and health to my relationship w/ my mom and w/ myself as well.

here are some pictures of our afternoon:






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen, I am so in love with Constance and I haven't even met her yet. She is beautiful and so is the picture of you two. Reading your post makes me remember when my babies were little. So fun and so painful at the same time! Bless your sweet family!
I am very proud of you, Maureen. Mothering is the toughest, best job on the planet. Keep up the good work.

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful baby gir! aren't they the best?!?!?
-nikkip

jessica aebi said...

girl, baby girl is beautiful. Her skin is so lovely in this picture.